Rita Ora Talks New Music, Beyonce, Rumors & More With The Breakfast Club


The Breakfast Club has been my new spot for radio for the past few months now ever since I discovered iHeart Radio. I listen to them every morning along with Cherry Martinez with her #CherryJuice on Power 105 FM in New York. Today, one of my favorite artists Rita Ora stopped by and had her share of breakfast with the club.

The crew DJ Envy, Angela Yee and Charlamagne tha God are known for being notorious with their questions because they ask what we want to hear. They didn't hold back with Rita. The gunned her about sleeping with Jay Z, beefing with Rihanna, being the cause of Rob Kardashian's weight gain and more. See it below.



On Rihanna comparisons and if they have “beef”:
First of all, I love her. I think she is dope. And all these kind of comparisons, it’s kind of pretty flattering. But I know it’s not that. Being from London, there is only so much that you can learn about this [person] from this side of the pond. But it’s better to be compared to [Rihanna] than being compared to Shrek or somebody. 
It’s rumors. It’s all rumors. Good thing is though, I’m doing my own thing, she’s doing her own thing. We don’t need to watch what each other is doing. We just do our own thing.
On people blaming Rob Kardashian’s weight gain on their breakup:
Why is everyone blaming that [on me]? Look, I don’t want to talk about this too much because people move onward and upward. But you know, it was a phase. It was a moment in my life. And you know, now it’s onward and upward.
What I think is that people react to things differently and like to express their feelings in certain ways. I don’t tend to use social media. So when that whole situation happened, silence for me is the biggest form of flattery. And I love to keep it moving unless I need to say something.
I mean, all I could say is ‘cool.’ Don’t get me wrong, he’s a great dude. Let’s not talk about it too much.
On Rob blasting her for having sex with “over 20 guys” when they were together:
I’m still waiting. I’ll let you know when I [do have sex with that many people]. But I didn’t.
On the rumors she had an affair with Jay Z:
Don’t you dare disrespect BeyoncĂ© like that ever again in your entire life.. You should know better than that. That’s just straight up disrespect, you can’t even go there. That’s not even a question. 
On dating Bruno Mars:
All I can say is Bruno is an amazing human being… It’s about the connection. The energy. The vibe!
On how she acquired a net worth of $145 million:
Well, I don’t know. I guess I always wanted to [invest] since I was young. I have really influential [people], my dad’s friends are really kind of smart so I’ve always been around [them and] strategizing.
On what she likes to use in the bedroom:
I like a whip… I like to, you know, unexpected stuff. A tiny bit [of pain].
On why she experiences success overseas and not in the U.S.
I think I haven’t spent enough time here. Honestly, I never released an album in the States before, ever. It was just one single I released out here and I think it got the buzz and got people bubbling about me. But this album for me is more about telling people Rita is Rita. And I think that was missing.
I didn’t do any TV shows and I didn’t do a lot of radio interviews. And I feel like I focused a lot of my time in the markets that [did] work. This time around I just wanted to tour the states. I was like, ‘Look, I want to release an album out there because I want to see the world, I want to see the people.’ I get inspired by you guys all the time. I love your culture, I love your food, I love how you guys dress.
On what to expect from her album:
I’m a huge fan of Hip-Hop and U.K. Hip-Hop and U.S. Hip-Hop and it’s like completely different. It’s a culture that I’ve always been around growing up. I was always the white girl in my clique.
This album for me is going to be a surprise. Because we’ve got like [DJ] Mustard (producer) on there which I wouldn’t usually do. And I got Diplo on there.
And there is stuff on there that people are going to be like, ‘alright, alright.’ So I can’t wait to see people’s reactions.
On who/what inspires her sound:
I like my 70′s music. I’m a big old soul, so I like my Aretha Franklin and Donna Summer and things like that. Things with disco balls in them. That’s the vibe that started everything. I like all my Hip-Hop tunes. I like Dancehall.
On dropping out of school to pursue music that later got to Jay-Z:
I dropped out of school when I was 15. I started working in a sneaker shop so I could pay my way because my mom and dad were really disappointed because they are very traditional. Albanians are very traditional background so I didn’t speak for them for a few years so I kind of had to find my way. 
And then I got enough money to travel and play guitars and go around bars and sing. I would sing Destiny’s Child songs. Anything that anybody would listen to.
I need[ed] to sing. I started writing some songs for other people. And one thing led to another because the music industry is tiny in the U.K. and then people started hearing my name and then it got to Jay [Z.]

I absolutely loved this interview. I love Rita and everything about her. She is great to watch, she is personable and she is just real and raw. She kept it cute and classy with every answer she gave. It was fun and actually refreshing to watch. I will be going to see her once she starts her tour here. I wonder if she will remember me?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...