Keke Palmer Becomes Youngest Talk Show Host In History


Singer and actress Keke Palmer has set a new record by becoming the youngest television talk show host in hisrtory. The starlet has nabbed her very own talk show which will air on BET. It will be tentatively called "The Keke Palmer Project". It has been picked up for an initial four-week run and will air Monday-Friday starting this July. Her show will cover such topics as fashion, pop culture, social issues, sex, and will feature celebrity interviews, “on the street” bits and undercover segments.

Thanks to Judge Mathis' company "Mathis Productions", she has been granted the green light for this show after her followers insisted that she should have a talk show. She released a statement about the good news and also revealed her dream of becoming a talk show host. Check it out below.

Her Statement:
I like to read quotes that touch on how I am feeling. If I am dealing with confusion, I will read quotes about clarity and peace of mind as they are very uplifting to me. 
I started posting these quotes on my twitter page and the fans responded so positively! I realized that many of them were dealing with similar issues and the quotes helped to open up a genuine dialogue between us.

Her desire to be a talk show host:
I come from a very small, poor town just outside of the Chicago area and I know what it’s like to dream and accomplish some of your goals, but I would never want to do a show where I am preaching to anyone because I do not like being preached at. 
I want to learn right along with my audience and every show will be a collaborative effort. I am so thankful to Debra Lee and everyone at the BET Network for providing me with this unique opportunity and platform.

Source: The YBF & Necole Bitchie & Deadline

Way to go Keke!! You better extend that resume girl! I ain't mad atcha! Will you be tuning in?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...