Chilli Reveals That Usher's "Confessions" Album Was NOT About Her


With a new TLC album in the works, a new greats hits compilation, "20", is in stores and a new biopic "CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story" airing exclusively on VH1 tonight, the surviving members are doing it big. Chilli recently sat down with US Weekly and dished on her past love life with Usher.

Nearly 10 years later, she revealed that his 2004 album "Confessions" was not about her and that she will always love him. She referred to him as her first adult love. She said that the timing of their breakup and the release of the album was coincidental and people went with it. Check out a few excerpts below.


On The Breakup: 
"We were together when he recorded that album. All of those songs on Confessions, that was about Jermaine Dupri's situation. Usher was just singing it. But people kind of bought into it, it was just the timing of our breakup when the album came out. So people assumed that album was about us, but it was not. 
And Usher and I weren't oil and water. We broke up because I guess it was that time or whatever....he was that real love for me." 
If Usher Actually Cheated:" 
In any relationship, even when it came to my relationship with Usher, when it was time to make a move, I had to do that. I don't care how much my heart was hurting, sometimes you're just supposed to be with people for a reason and it's not always a lifetime. Even if you want it to be, it just doesn't work out that way." 
Their Current Relationship: 
"I'll always love him, forever, because he was my first adult love, a real love....we're cool, we're really cool. There's no hard feelings, nothing like that. It's all good."

Well, I guess the truth does come out sooner or later. It's been damn near 10 years and she never spoke on the subject. People assumed the entire album was about her. Hell I know I did. I was like how dare he have a chick on the side and tell Chilli so many lies!

Make sure you tune into VH1 tonight. I'm sure TLC will be a trending topic all over the internet tonight! So many people are waiting for it! I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...