NEW VIDEO | Lady Gaga - "Applause"


Today, Lady Gaga premiered her highly anticipated video for "Applause". It's he first single lifted from her upcoming album "ARTPOP" which is due out on November 11th. It's serves as the first single from the project. The cllip was directed by Inez & Vinoodh.

The video is very theatrical. We see a lot off different faces and different forms of Gaga. She comes to us in human flesh, next thing you know her head is attached to an ostrich. She looks great, body is in hot shape...but as far as the video goes for me, it's typical Gaga. Nothing really wowed me. Peep it below.


I mean, it was very "Born This Way" ish... I didn't seem to be amazed during any part of the video. With the exception of how good she looks, the video could have stayed inside of the directors head as far as I'm concerned. I already wasn't not digging the song to begin with and I was hoping that the video would have changed it. But no, it did not.

I think fans would agree being that the song still hasn't toppled Katy Perry's "Roar" on iTunes. It's dropped down to the #7 spot and will not have a solid Billboard Chart debut. It's simply because the song is not hot. She should have thought twice.

Also, after listening to "Applause" and "Burqa", I can really hear the similarity between both songs, it kind of gives me an idea of her music direction which is the same as it's always been. Nothing new at least, but I'll save that for when I actually hear the album. Your thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...