Kelly Rowland Covers "Essence": Talks Beyonce, "Dirty Laundry" & More


Kelly Rowland is gracing the September issue of Essence magazine. This is her very FIRST cover with the magazine giant, but she has graced it with Destiny's Child in the past. We know who those were centered around though.

But in this issue, the spot light is on Kelly and she continues to air out her "Dirty Laundry". She discussed why she's not afraid to speak out now, the feelings she had for Beyonce and being beautiful in the skin she's in. Check out a few excerpts below and a behind the scenes look at the shoot.

On why she used to be afraid to share her feelings:I didn’t want anybody to judge me. But now I don’t care. Judge me if you want to. And as a matter of fact, it won’t even count, ‘cause the only person who can judge is God. 
On exposing her feelings about Beyoncé on ‘Dirty Laundry’:For a long time I wasn’t happy, but that had nothing to do with Beyoncé. That had to do with me trying to get my life in order and make better decisions for myself. I’m seeing all these wonderful things happen for her and I am happy for her. But I want a path. I want things to pop off for me, too. Not on her level but whatever my level is supposed to be. 
On discovering her strength through boxing:I see the beauty in boxing…It teaches me strength, physically but mostly mentally. I had to learn my strength, because for so long I could have been tougher than I was.

Source: Toyaz World

I think it's crazy that she's already has four studio albums and just ONE cover on Essence. That's bazzare don't you think? Well all that matters is that she's now getting the shine that she deserves. Maybe she should have been put out her dirty laundry. I wonder what other skeletons she have?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...