DISCUSSION | Who's Your Vocal Bible?


The term "vocal bible" is one that is used loosely these days. The girls like to toss shade and deem their "fav" the vocal bible. For those of you that don't know what a "vocal bible" is, it's simply the answer to god's call for having the best singing voice of all time. A number of singers have been associated with it. Like Beyonce, Brandy, Jennifer Hudson, Rihanna, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Leona Lewis and countless of others.

Below, we're going to venture through some of what I think are these women's best vocal performances, dissect them and their careers, and have you all take a vote on who's the vocal bible throughtout these decades of music. Now people hate comparing success among these girls due to different times and decades, but vocally, there's no shame or shade! Lets get into it below.


Brandy


Brandy has been in the game for nearly 20 years and she has fans that will ride or die for her. And actually, her name was the first that I ever heard to be associated with the term vocal bible. But over the years her popularity faded and songs came and went.

The recent release of her album "Two Eleven" proved that she still had the voice. Though there weren't any vocally challenging songs on the album, it was the typical Brandy that her fans knew and love. It was raspy and nasally to the T. That's what she's known for.

Jennifer Hudson


J-Hud is one of the known powerhouses that has hit the music scene within the past decade. The American Idol alumni has a BIG BIG voice. Some think it's too big and complain that she over sings and does a bit too much on some songs...over sings them if you will.

But me, I don't hear what they hear. I hear a strong voice, belting out lyrics that no other could ever do. Well, I won't say ever, but it's hard to find someone who can get up there with Jennifer. Her albums showcases all of her vocal abilities in my opinion.

Leona Lewis


She is of course on of my absolute favorites to attach vocal bible to. She was and still is the answer. She may not have quite the following in America, or in London for that matter, but her vocals always amaze me. All of her album are just phenomenal.

I do feel that the last album didn't challenge her vocally, I need to hear her hit more high notes like she did in the performance above. Leona Lewis is a FORCE that can't be touched when it comes to vocals. Don't come for her because she's not as hot as Lady Gaga and Rihanna.

Beyonce


When I tell you she snatched wigs with this performance, she snatched them. She had hair running up off of the audiences head ant getting stuck to the celing because this was just simply everything. Oprah's wrinkles faded and it looked like she had a face lift.

There's no doubt as to why people call her the vocal bible. It's like no other, she can take anything and turn it into gold. This girl can grab a damn phone book and single a melody out of the directory and people would eat it up....and she'd take a writing credit for it.

Whitney Houston


The world bsolutely loved this woman to death for this song. It was one of the many hits throughout her career and she sang this song til the day she couldn't sing it no more. Her voice was worldly and simply pure and amazing. It touched people of all generations.

It's easy to deem her the vocal bible because her voice was platinum. Live, and in the studio. She never held back during performances and always gave it her all. She crafted and honed that voice over the years and it took her very very far like it has done no other.

Rihanna


I honestly don't know why I even put this girl in this list. Well, it's because I've read and heard people say that her voice is amazing. I won't sit here and trash her out but her voice definitely isn't the best. It's far from it. Sometimes when she's on stage it sounds like someone is drowning a cat in hot water. I'm not throwing shade...just keeping it real.

The girl does have times when she sounds good, but my thing with her is that there's simply no originality. But that's besides the point, she has gotten a bit better while singing live over the years, but I still don't think that she's a vocal bible.

Celine Dion


Today, she may be the queen on lip syncing but back when this song was out, she triumphed over all with the voice and the live performances. She had a few power hits on her hands and this was one of them. She still has a voice, but maybe it's not up to par.

I can't tell you the last time she sang live. I do know her last "live" performance was when she tributed Whiteny Houston last year and that was clearly pre-recorded. Still, it doesn't take away the fact that she could be a contender for the vocal bible.

Mariah Carey


There's no doubt that this women HAD a voice. I don't know what the hell happened to it or her mind over the years. Because the voice is long gone. She wouldn't dare ATTEMPT to sing "Emotions" in present time. She sounds like she's been smoking cigarettes and blunts laced with mollys.

My dislike for her started when she blunted dissed Leona Lewis when she first came out. I was so ready for Mariah to embrace her and acknowledge the fact that Leona was a great singer with a great voice but this hoe said that "Honestly, there has been so many, 'This is the new her,' and I'm like, 'OK, show me the new her. Can she come and work for me and be my double?'

"And I'm not particular talking about this girl Leona, because I only heard her once and I didn't really hear a true similarity, particularly in the style of music. It is what it is and critics have compared me to so many people who are not really singers, and they're certainly not writers." This right hear birthed my dislike to her.

So that's a wrap. So who do you think is the vocal bible? Why is she better than the others? Who should have been listed as a vocal beast? Share your thoughts and vote below!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...